We Need Your Help Now, More Than Ever
The impact of COVID-19:
The Farm had been preparing for our 50th anniversary celebration this Earth Day (April 22), but has had to cancel. All spring programming, serving hundreds of youth and adults, is canceled, including our Sugaring Off Festival held each year at Weston Middle School. During this critical time of year, what happens this spring has bearing on our organization’s capacity to serve the community with farm fresh produce, flowers, and more, for the remainder of the year. Like a number of non-profits, we were faced with tough decisions about staffing and how to develop programs at a time when everyone needs open space, but we all must practice social distancing.
Given these unprecedented times, a small group of generous Land’s Sake supporters graciously agreed to match all gifts up to $60,000 of our $150,000 goal to our recently created Land’s Sake Emergency Fund. Thanks to our amazing and generous community we were able to meet our goal and are moving forward with our season.
With your help, we:
- preserve the open, public viewscape of the sustainably farmed land
- provide hunger relief for those at risk including low income families and Weston seniors
- expand transformative education programs for kids and adults in need to inspire stewardship of the land and enhance life for generations to come
- strengthen necessary infrastructure for our farm, farmstand, forestry, and education programs
- educate young farmers on sustainable agriculture and forestry methods and support livable compensation
Land’s Sake is 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization. All donations are tax deductible to the extent provided by law.
How to Donate: Click on the "donate" button to donate using our secure online form, or the "PayPal" button to donate using your PayPal account. For donations over $2,500, please use the "PayPal" button or mail a check. Donations by check can be mailed to Land’s Sake, 27 Crescent St, Weston, MA, 02493.
Matching Gifts: Matching gifts from your place of work are greatly appreciated. Ask your employer if your workplace has a matching gift program, or click here to find out if your employer matches gifts.
Leadership Giving: If you are considering a donation of $1,000 or more, please learn about Leadership Giving at Land’s Sake.
Donations of appreciated securities can be arranged by contacting Land's Sake or calling 781.893.1162.
What your giving does:
$1,000 Purchases new greenhouse supplies needed to start the next season's crops
$500 Supports four hours of programming for 12 METCO kids on the farm
$250 Refreshes our supplies for maple sugaring
$125 Provides an hour of farm education to local school children
$50 Helps feed our rabbits and chickens throughout the winter months
Any amount helps us to engage the community in lifelong stewardship of the land. Thank you for your loyal and ongoing support!
Other Ways to Give
- Give a lasting gift in tribute
- Give a gift of stock or other securities
- Give a bequest
- Employer match
- Give a sustaining gift monthly
- Donate to our hunger relief programs
- Become a member of Land’s Sake
- Give an in-kind gift (e.g., goods, materials, experiences)
- Give us the gift of your time and expertise - volunteer
Thank you! Your support makes all the difference!