WITH OUR EDUCATION TEAM...
We are not currently hiring for education staff.
ON THE FARM...
We are not currently hiring farm staff.
AT THE FARMSTAND...
The Farmstand is currently seeking an assistant manager for the remainder of the 2023 season.
Candidates must possess an interest in sustainable agriculture, local food systems, flowers, and/or cooking. As a point of contact for Land's Sake, they will be trained about the farm’s many offerings, in order to communicate with customers as to how they can become involved with activities within the organization. Great customer service skills, an ability to work quickly and efficiently, and a good sense of humor are vital to this position.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist farmstand manager with oversight of the farmstand, including directing other farmstand staff during setup and breakdown of the Farmstand each day
- Maintain produce quality throughout the day (i.e. temperature control, hydration)
- Supervise packing of wholesale produce orders
- Support deliveries to the farmstand by vendors
- Learn produce varieties, growing standards and farmstand products and be able to communicate information to customers as necessary
- Operate the cash register (we use the Square application on an ipad) and scales, answer questions, and bring awareness to additional farm programming as appropriate. Handle bank deposits and end-of-day cash-out of register, as directed by Farmstand manager.
- Personable customer service skills
- Cash handling experience is a plus
- Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions, stand for long periods of time, and bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- Floral experience or knowledge is a plus
- $16/hour, commensurate with experience
- Paid sick time, in accordance with Massachusetts law
- Paid 30-minute lunch break if the employee works six or more hours that day
- As much free produce as you can eat
- Discount on other products sold at the Farmstand
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
AT THE OFFICE...
We are not currently hiring for office roles.
Equal Opportunity Policy
Land’s Sake is seeking to hire a staff that represents the racial and ethnic diversity of its constituents. Diversity and inclusion is an ongoing organizational practice and a core value of Land’s Sake with the goal of having culturally competent services, materials, resources and programs. Our hiring practices are informed by an appreciation of the strengths offered by differing cultures, races, religions, ethnicities, classes, sexual orientation, physical capacities, and age groups. Land’s Sake offers benefits including medical insurance, vacation, access to professional development and local organic food. Land’s Sake is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for all positions.