Land’s Sake is a nonprofit farm located in Weston, MA that strives to connect individuals to the land to build community and inspire lifelong stewardship. The seasonal Farmstand serves as the hub of the farm from June to October, and each year we assemble an awesome team to sell our vegetables, guide and educate our community, occasionally battle chipmunks, and have a lot of fun doing it.
Successful Farmstand Staff will possess an interest in sustainable agriculture, local food systems, and/or cooking. As a point of contact for Land's Sake, Farmstand staff are trained about the farm’s many offerings, in order to communicate with customers as to how they can become involved with activities within the organization. Great customer service skills, an ability to work quickly and efficiently, and a good sense of humor are vital this position.
- Set up and breakdown Farmstand each day, including produce displays
- Maintain produce quality throughout the day (i.e. temperature control, hydration)
- Learn produce varieties, growing standards and farmstand products and be able to communicate information to customers as necessary
- Operate cash register and scales, answer questions, and bring awareness to additional farm programming as appropriate
- Personable customer service skills
- Cash handling experience
- Be willing and able to work in all weather conditions, stand for long periods of time, and bend and lift up to 50 pounds
- June 4 to October 30, with some training required prior to June 4
- Farmstand hours are 11am to 7pm Tuesday through Friday, 11am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday. Weekend availability is a must, and flexible schedules will be considered
- A shorter commitment is available to qualified students
- $11 to $12.50 per hour, dependent on experience
- As much free produce as you can eat
- Discount on other products sold at the Farmstand
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com
Equal Opportunity Policy
Land’s Sake is seeking to hire a staff that represents the racial and ethnic diversity of its constituents. Diversity and inclusion is an ongoing organizational practice and a core value of Land’s Sake with the goal of having culturally competent services, materials, resources and programs. Our hiring practices are informed by an appreciation of the strengths offered by differing cultures, races, religions, ethnicities, classes, sexual orientation, physical capacities, and age groups. Land’s Sake offers benefits including medical insurance, vacation, access to professional development and local organic food. Land’s Sake is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating a multicultural organization. We actively seek a diverse pool of candidates for all positions.