Summer Programs Arrival & Departure:
- Drop off: 8:30-8:45am at Land's Sake Farm (90 Wellesley St., Weston). Sign in with staff under the trees near the end of the parking lot. If you will arrive after 8:45am, email firstname.lastname@example.org
ahead of time.
- Pick up: 2:45-3:00pm in the drop-off location. Participants may only be picked up by adults approved in writing in advance. Please bring ID every day, as we may check it.
- Programs run rain or shine. If inclement weather is predicted during drop-off or pick-up, we will email you with alternate location instructions.
- A full (and refillable) water bottle
- A bagged, nut-free snack and lunch.
- All trash must be taken home, so it can be helpful to provide a small trash bag.
- We do not provide refrigeration, so recommend insulated bags and cold sources for perishable foods.
- Sun protection: Kids should arrive with sunscreen on. Everyone reapplies at lunchtime.
- Bug protection (bug spray, long socks, etc.) Plan to do a tick check every day after leaving the farm.
- Closed-toe shoes
- Comfortable, weather-appropriate clothing that can get dirty, an extra layer for cooler weather, and rain gear (including boots!) if necessary.
- Kids should leave toys (including Pokemon cards), electronics, and phones at home, or stash them in backpacks for the duration of the day. Land’s Sake is not responsible for lost or damaged items.
- If you wish to send edible treats to share with program participants at meal times, contact us in advance so that we can check in with participant families regarding this food.
- If your child will need to have medication on-site, either for routine or emergency use, please contact Katrina at email@example.com, and include any allergy response plan if applicable.
- We ask families to self-screen for all infectious illnesses, including COVID-19. Please plan to keep sick children home! If your child will be absent, please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org
- If your child tests positive for COVID-19 within 5 days of attending a program, let us know so that we can notify families.
- email@example.com is our best contact channel during the day. Staff check email every 15 minutes from 7am-6pm, and will do our best to respond as soon as possible with any time-sensitive information.
Field trips and farm visits may be cancelled due to inclement weather. We do not schedule rain dates in advance, but will work with you to come up with a rain plan. We do have an indoor rain space that can accommodate most field trips.
We will cancel after school if Weston cancels after school programming, or if the weather makes it impossible for our staff to arrive on site safely, but otherwise our out-of-school programs run rain, snow, or shine! Please send all participants to the farm with weather-appropriate clothing. Rain jackets and boots are essential for participant comfort on rainy days.
- Comfortable, weather appropriate clothing that can get a little dirty
- Closed toe shoes
- Refillable water bottle
- Extra layers, including waterproofs for rainy days
- Weather protection as necessary: sunscreen, bugspray, hand warmers, etc
Programs including snack or lunch:
- Please ensure the products are nut free!
- Land’s Sake has a carry-in carry-out policy for all snack and lunch trash. We recommend bringing a bag to facilitate the removal of trash and packing food with minimal disposable packaging.
- Please pack healthy, filling lunches and snacks. We do not provide refrigeration, so please pack foods in insulated lunch containers with cold sources such as freezer packs or juice boxes.
It is Land’s Sake’s policy to provide financial assistance for all programs, including after school, field trips, and summer programs on a needs basis when possible. Financial assistance is a limited fund and funds will be disbursed based on applicant’s financial need. Both full and partial scholarships are available. Financial aid applications are available in all of our interest forms, or you can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Items left behind at Land's Sake will be kept in a bin on the workbench by the education garden. All left behind items will be discarded or donated at the end of each season (spring, summer, fall, winter). Please label all items brought to Land's Sake to avoid loss.
Land’s Sake is not responsible for lost, stolen, or damaged items.
We are committed to providing a positive experience for program participants and families and are happy to address any questions or concerns. To ask questions or request copies of our safety, emergency, and behavior policies and procedures, please contact email@example.com.