Local Firewood from Weston Forests
Since the early 1980s, Land’s Sake has provided a model for small-scale, sustainable forestry. Working with the Weston Conservation Commission, each winter we harvest firewood from Weston conservation land to improve the quality of the remaining stand, then sell this firewood to local residents. We also tap 300-400 sugar maple trees throughout the winter, and produce our very own maple syrup with the help of volunteers and students in our After-School Maple program. Through these programs, we engage residents of Weston with the often overlooked Town woods, creating a new appreciation for this precious and protected resource.
HOW TO ORDER
2023 firewood sales are closed. Sales will re-open in early September 2024.
- Ensure you don't miss the sale by subscribing to Land's Sake's weekly newsletter mailing list. We'll send an email before sales open!
- Firewood is limited. Sales are first come, first served.
- Land's Sake limits firewood purchases to one half-cord per household. A half-cord of firewood is typically enough wood to make 1-2 fires per week, throughout the winter.
PRICING & DELIVERY
- Half Cord: $300
- Delivery: Free for Weston Residents / $60 outside Weston. Delivery November through mid-December. Wood is delivered with a dump truck.
- Moving/Stacking: $100/hr. extra for services beyond dumping. One-hour minimum charge applies.
- Cancellations: Firewood orders are refundable until October 1, less a processing fee.