While it’s not quite Fall, the air has certainly turned brisk and Summertime fun has been replaced with Back-to-School excitement. Here at Land’s Sake, we particularly notice the change of seasons as weeks of Green Power give-way to After School Programs, and constant harvesting and weeding in the heat segues into harvesting and storing the bounty of Fall. Thank you to all who have made for such a wonderful Summer season; we look forward to what Fall has in store for us and say ‘farewell’ with 10 of our favorite Summer moments.
1. First Wellesley Farmer’s Market appearance of the Season. Beautiful display!
2. Farm & Forest Explorers mucking out the goat and sheep stalls. Great teamwork!
3. Thinned Beets. Quite vibrant!
4. Kids’ Cafe-ers climbing in the Magic Tree. South Boston Boys and Girls Club Crew!
5. Truckin’ Tomatoes! Heading to the fields to be planted…
6. Ripened ‘n’ Ready! Farmer Melanie celebrating the results of all that hard work.
7. A bunny named Squirrel and a few of her Boys and Girls Club friends. Farm Tranquility.
8. Farmer Laura direct seeding. A Ground’s Eye View.
9. Feeding the new bulls, Williamsburg & Vermont, during Green Power’s morning animal chore routine.
10. A successful carrot harvest! Way to go Green Power 2012!
Join us this Fall for special memories to come!